CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR CLINICAL AND LABORATORY PHD/DPHIL OR POST-DOCTORAL COVID-19 FELLOWSHIPS
The Training for Research Excellence and Mentorship in Tuberculosis (TRENT) is a consortium of the University of Zimbabwe, the Biomedical Research Training Institute (BRTI), and the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) to provide multi-disciplinary training to junior scientists to strengthen research capacity and promote high quality, innovative, and locally relevant HIV/TB and related research. The programme is supported by the NIH/Fogarty International Center in the United States of America. The TRENT programme invites applications for DPhil/PhD and post-doctoral fellowships who would like to focus on COVID-19 research. The fellowship is on offer for one year, with a possibility of a renewal.
Applicants must be Zimbabwean nationals or a permanent residents and should be registered or intend to register with the University of Zimbabwe or any other local institution of higher learning.
Financial Support: The programme offers a modest monthly stipend for living expenses, university fees, allowance for books and email/internet connection costs as well as research costs (consumables, equipment, laboratory or field work).
The programme offers mentoring and supervision support as well as free participation in short courses to build research skills.
1. A fully completed application form
2. A comprehensive CV including relevant research and work experience
3. Certified transcripts and copies of post high school qualifications submitted as ONE pdf file.
4. Certified Copy of National ID or Passport 5. Two references (one must be an academic referee) emailed directly to: email@example.com, not later than one week following the application deadline below.
6. Requests for application forms and/or more information should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or can be downloaded from the BRTI website www.brti.co.zw
Submit completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and cc: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 30 April 2020.
Incomplete Application forms without the required support documents will not be considered.